Lahontan Regional Water Quality Control Board - Water Resource Control Engineer

Updated: Feb 13


The California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Lahontan Region, has one opening for a Water Resource Control Engineer in the Wastewater & Agricultural Operations Unit in our Victorville office. This position is located at 15095 Amargosa Road, Building 2, Suite 210, Victorville, CA 92394.


Under the close supervision of a Senior Water Resource Control Engineer, incumbent serves as a Water Resource Control Engineer in the Wastewater & Agricultural Operations Unit. This position implements work in the Waste Discharge Requirements, Site Cleanup, and other regulatory/enforcement programs. Routine tasks include:

Evaluating wastewater treatment facilities, permit applications, and compliance with water quality requirements.

Evaluating confined animal facilities and assessing facility operational impact to receiving water.

Reviewing and commenting on technical reports and work plans.

Preparing technical reports and enforcement documents/orders.

Drafting permits and Executive Offer report articles.

Inspecting sites (for planning and compliance, etc.).

Conducting engineering and hydrologic/hydrogeologic analyses regarding water quality impacts.

Conducting investigations into spills and environmental complaints from the public or other public agencies.

Meeting/coordinating with other public agencies (federal, state, and local), the regulated community, and the public.

Conducting data management, data analyses, and data entry.

Completing program management tasks.


Candidates must possess essential personal qualifications including integrity, initiative, dependability, good judgment, the ability to work cooperatively with others, and the ability to perform the assigned duties of the class.

Because position requires driving, you must possess a current and valid driver’s license. Please Do Not include full Social Security Number, method of eligibility, and LEAP information in your application package.

This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with major work in environmental, chemical, sanitary, mechanical, agricultural, geotechnical, or civil engineering, or a related engineering discipline.  Those approaching graduation can apply for the examination process but will require proof of graduation in order to be appointed to the position, our office may be willing to hold the position open for graduating seniors.


Civil Engineering Department
3801 West Temple Avenue
Pomona, CA 91768

© Copyright 2020 by CPP ASCE Student Chapter.