DELANE Engineering, Inc. is proud to announce our “Internship Farm System” program. As Internships are extremely important for students in obtaining a full-time position following graduation, and such experience is valuable for both students and company alike, DELANE is committed to help ensure as many students have a chance to get an internship before graduating. Positions are part-time and temporary, running for approximately six months (with consistent schedule regardless of school schedules).
Position: Engineering Intern - Civil
Location: Santa Monica, San Diego, Camarillo, CA
As an Intern you will assist in all aspects of work including design, plan preparation, AutoCAD/redlines, administration, and permitting for a variety of site development, public works, project management, and 3D/BIM coordination projects. Types of projects include commercial, residential, industrial, and public site developments, street and bike path improvements, drainage improvements, and construction coordination. Design components include grading and drainage, storm water management/BMP’s, streets, parking, paving, retaining walls, and sewer, water, and fire services, and surveying, mapping, easements and other property issues.
- Work 10 hours minimum/16 hours maximum per week depending on student schedule
- Approximately 3 days per week 10am to 3pm (with 30-minute unpaid lunch break)
- Must be currently enrolled in good academic standing and pursuing a B.S. in Civil Engineering (or similar) at an accredited University, or Community College on track for transfer to 4-year.
- Minimum 2.5 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be able to work on your own and enjoy quiet work environment (we have a small office with limited interaction)
- Must be able to communicate with project team members and local agencies, not afraid to make phone calls
Preferred but Not Required:
- Experience using AutoCAD, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Own personal vehicle (for performing research, site visits, permit processing, etc.)
To apply for this position, please complete application using this link: https://forms.gle/QUvhJyFsyZAqXQ3S8