The American Society of Civil Engineers San Bernardino-Riverside Counties Branch and the Younger Member Forum (YMF) are offering one (1) $2,000 scholarship, one (1) $1,500 scholarship, and two (2) $1,000 scholarships to California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (CPP) and California Baptist University (CBU) Civil Engineering students for the 2020-2021 academic year. The scholarships will be awarded to the recipients during the San Bernardino-Riverside Counties Branch Awards Luncheon/Dinner in June 2020. The actual amount of the award will be given as a check to the recipients after proof of enrollment for the upcoming Quarter/Semester is provided to the Branch/YMF Treasurer.
- Applicants must be full-time students and enrolled as freshmen, sophomores, juniors or non-graduating seniors during the 2019-2020 academic year (non-graduating seniors shall have an anticipated graduation date of Fall 2020 or later) with the intent of pursuing a Civil Engineering related degree. Additionally, applicants must be enrolled full time in either the Summer or Fall 2020 quarters.
- Applicants must be an active member of their school’s Student Chapter and must be a National Member of ASCE to be considered for the award.
- Applicants must meet the minimum 2.75 GPA (cumulative) requirement for this scholarship.
- Applicants must NOT be a past recipient of this scholarship.
The application package shall include:
- Scholarship Application (online form);
- A copy of your transcripts (unofficial will be accepted);
- A copy of your resume;
- Statement (1,000 word maximum) answering all the following questions:
a) Why did you choose a career in Civil Engineering and what is a personal long-term goal you have for the profession?
b) What is a current environmental challenge facing the Civil Engineering industry? Briefly describe a potential sustainable practice that can be implemented to alleviate this challenge.
Submittal & Deadline The application package must be received electronically by Monday, May 11, 2020 at 11:59PM to be considered. Application package questions may be emailed to ASCE SB/R YMF Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.