The American Council of Engineering Companies of California (ACEC California) will be awarding several scholarships totaling up to $50,000 for the 2020-2021 academic year. We ask that you distribute the following application to your engineering and land surveying students for an opportunity to receive a scholarship towards their degree. The deadline to submit a scholarship application is January 22, 2020.
1. Be entering their junior, senior, fifth or master’s degree year in the Fall of 2020.
2. Upper division undergraduate students must be enrolled full-time and working toward a degree in an engineering or land-surveying curriculum approved by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
3. Meet the following minimum grade point average requirements:
a. For ACEC California’s State Competition: Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 3.2 in completed engineering and land surveying courses and a minimum overall grade point average of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0.
b. For ACEC’s National Competition (if selected as ACEC California’s scholarship nominee): Applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 in completed engineering and/or land surveying courses and a minimum overall grade point average of 3.2 on a scale of 4.0.
4. Be interested in the possibility of pursuing a career in consulting engineering or land surveying.
5. Be a United States Citizen.